HARISSA PICKLED VEGTABLES
PREP TIME: 10 MIN
1/4 Head of Cauliflower, cut into Florets; About 1 Cup
1 Carrot Peeled & cut into 1 Inch Pieces; About 2/3 Cup
1 Parsnip Peeled & Cut into 1 Inch Pieces; About 1/3 Cup
2 Celery Ribs cut into 1 Inch Pieces; About 1 Cup
2 Garlic Cloves Peeled & Thinly Sliced
FOR THE BRINE
1 Cup Water
1 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp White Sugar
1/2 Tbsp Turmeric
2 Tbsp Entube Harissa
Clean glass jars that will accommodate all of your cut up vegetables.... your choice; you could use one large or two smaller
1) Toss the vegetables in a bowl to combine, then divide them into the clean glass jars you have selected. Your jars should be fairly well packed, but be gentle; don’t crush your veggies!
2) In a saucepan, add all of the rest of the ingredients and gently bring to a boil.
3) Continue to cook, stirring until all of the seasonings have fully dissolved. This will only take a minute or so.
4) Pour the brine over the vegetables. They should be fully submerged. Let cool fully before covering tightly.
5) Let these marinate in the fridge for a day or 2 before serving.