CURRY PEACH SCONES
PREP TIME: 20 MIN COOK TIME: 25 MIN
2 Cups unbleached AP flour
1/2 Tsp salt
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
6 Tbsp's (3/4 of a stick) chilled 2 large eggs
1/3 Cup full-fat or low-fat yogurt or sour cream
1 1/2 Tbsp Entube curry paste
1 Cup diced (1/2" or slightly smaller) peaches, don't need to peel if fresh
Can also use frozen milk for brushing on the tops
Turbinado or demerara sugar for sprinkling
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
3) Grate the butter into the flour mixture (or alternatively cut in with a knife if butter has been cubed)
4) Using your fingers or a fork, lightly combine, getting the flour and butter to stick together is small bits.
5) In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt or sour cream, and the curry paste.
6) Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
7) Add the peaches, stirring just until everything is combined. The dough will be wet and sticky.
8) Turn dough onto a counter and form into a disk 1" thick. Use a floured biscuit cutter (I use a 2" size) to cut scones. Transfer to the parchment lined baking sheet. Leave a one inch gap between each.
9) Brush a little milk over the top of each scone, and sprinkle with sugar.
10 Bake the scones for 20 to 25 minutes, until they're light golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and let them cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
11) Serve warm, or at room temperature. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for several days.
These can be frozen for future munching.